14 February 2014
Salsa Roja Demonstration
General Purpose: Demonstration
Specific Purpose: To demonstration how to prepare Salsa Roja.
Central Idea: Present a brief introduction. To show how easy it is to prepare salsa at home.
- The first step is to gather all of your ingredients.
- Only a few ingredients are required to prepare this recipe.
- 3 cloves of garlic.
- Cleaned cilantro leaves.
- One-fourth of a white onion.
- 30 dried Japanese chili pods
- 4 or 5 medium sized fresh tomatoes
- Prepare tomatoes.
- Core the middle and score the top and bottom of each tomato
- Place tomato and peppers in medium saucepan.
- Cover with water.
- Boil until you see the skin loosen from tomato flash.
- Prepare to Blend.
- Remove the skin from each tomato and place in blender.
- Add cooked peppers to blender.
- Add garlic, cilantro, and onion to blender.
- Add 3 pinches of salt to blender.
- Turn on machine and blending to your desired consistency.
- Use the back of a spoon to check thickness.
- Time to serve.
- Pour prepared salsa into a bowl.
- Serve with your favor chip or favorite dish.
- Taste the dish and provide positive feedback for the view.
- Closing Statement.
Guterriez-Uribe, Natividad. Personal interview. 31 Jul. 2009.
De La Garza, Martha. “Salsa Roja.” Recipe. Personal collection. 25 May 2010.